Kissimmee Alimony Lawyer, providing experienced Alimony, Spousal Support, Divorce, and Family Law Attorney legal services in Kissimmee, St Cloud, Orlando, Orange County, Osceola County, and the Central Florida area.
Contact Kissimmee – Orlando Alimony Attorney, Mercedes León About Your Alimony, Divorce, or other Family Law Legal Issues or Disputes by calling 407.483.1182.
Alimony, also commonly referred to as Spousal Support, is the money that is sometimes required by the Court to be paid by the spouse with greater financial means, i.e., a larger source of income in relation to the other spouse.
Family Law Courts address alimony / spousal support issues on a case by case basis. Contrary to popular belief, alimony is not granted in every divorce case. If the marriage lasted for only a short duration a presumption against an award of alimony often exists.
When reviewing an alimony request, the court often considers:
- The duration of the marriage;
- The respective ages of the spouses;
- Health status of each spouses;
- The standard of living established during the marriage;
- The occupations of both spouses (as well as their income);
- The vocational skills of each spouse;
- The contributions of both spouses to the marriage;
- and The conduct of the parties during the marriage.
The León Law Center, P.A., represents the legal rights and goals of those involved in alimony, spousal support, divorce, or other family law issues in Kissimmee, Orlando, Osceola County, Orange County, and the entire Central Florida area. For a confidential legal consultation, please call 407.483.1182.
Essentially there are five types of spousal support (alimony):
- Temporary spousal support: typically occurs in cases where there is a demonstrated need by one spouse and the other has an ability to pay and it is designed to assist the lower income earning spouse pending the resolution of the divorce lawsuit;
- Lump sum spousal support: is a one time payment of a set amount;
- Rehabilitative spousal support: is designed to assist the lower income earning spouse for a specific duration of time while she/he is trying to increase her/his earning ability;
- Permanent spousal support: is awarded in marriages of long duration and typically does not end until the payee spouse dies, remarries or is in a supportive relationship with someone else;
- Bridge-the-gap spousal support: is a type of support which is of a short duration and is designed to assist the lower income earning spouse until her/his post divorce source of income begins to develop.
When involved in alimony and family law issues in Kissimmee, Orlando, Osceola County, Orange County, or the surrounding Central Florida area, hiring an experienced alimony attorney or lawyer may provide the best opportunity to achieve a fair and reasonable resolution to family law issues or disputes.
Anyone requiring professional legal services regarding alimony, spousal support, divorce, or other family law issues should be proactive in protecting their legal rights and seek the legal advice of an experienced Orlando – Kissimmee Alimony lawyer, such as Attorney Mercedes León.
Call 407.483.1182 to Schedule a Confidential Legal Consultation with Kissimmee – Orlando Alimony Attorney Mercedes León at The León Law Center, P.A.